The living room is the room of the house where you will probably spend more time. Is that so? Years ago, the kitchens that were the largest rooms of the house, was where more time was spent; in family, relaxing, eating, doing different tasks, etc. Now, however, the kitchen has gone to a second or even third level, and the living room along with the terraces have taken a big role. Stop to think a little, how many things do you do in the room? Surely like us, you have managed to fill your right hand with different ideas. For this reason, because we spend a lot of time in it and we do it in different ways, we must take care of the lighting.
A good lighting and according to the uses that we are going to give to our room, will make us enjoy twice as much. Here are some tips to light the room as it deserves:
- Think about how you live or how you want to live the Salon and you will know how to illuminate it. For example, if you watch a lot of television you will have to use an indirect and soft light, so that the light of the television has all the protagonism.
- The general light of the room should be indirect, adjustable, warm and soft light. If there is a dining area in the living room, the light should be totally different; whiter and for example, on top of the dining table with several points of light on it.
- Support lamps. You can use them when there is still some light or when you go to watch TV and / or read. If you place it next to the sofa you will give it a lot of use besides a warm touch.
- Illuminate the storage areas. If it were the case that in the living room you have a window or bookshelf, lighting them with direct light could be a good option to give it a different air. In this case, we recommend using LED light to forget about the invoice.
- Mix of styles. Choose lamps well and do not be afraid when mixing styles. Divide the room visually according to the uses you are going to give it and do the same with lighting, a type of light and lamp for each space.
- Playing with symmetry and repetition can be a good trick to give the room a greater personality.
Of all the tricks we have shown you… Which would you use?